The Institute of Applied Technology
With state-of the-art facilities and excellent support services, the Institute of Applied Technology offers Career-based Technical Education (CTE) in English at the secondary and tertiary levels. In Addition, IAT encompasses well established higher learning programs in aviation, logistics and nursing. The institute has an overall of twenty campuses (fourteen schools, four colleges for Fatma College of Health Sciences and two colleges for Abu Dhabi Polytechnic), located in the United Arab Emirates in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Western Region, Dubai, Sharjah, Ajman, Umm al-Quwain, Ras Al Khaima and Al Fujairah; with its directorate based in Abu Dhabi.
The Institute was founded in 2005 through a Royal decree of His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, President of the United Arab Emirates, Ruler of Abu Dhabi as a corporate body with full financial and administrative independence.
Create a world-class Career Technical Education system that will produce the scientists, engineers and technicians needed in the UAE to build a knowledge-based economy.
IAT’s integrated system of Career Technical Education (CTE) pathways contributes to the development of the UAE by:
1. Providing distinctive secondary school programs that integrate career and technical education with a rigorous academic core.
2. Providing post-secondary CTE programs to meet the industrial needs and requirements of the nation.
3. Maintaining externally benchmarked standards for all programs offered.
4. Fostering close and cooperative relationships with the community, industry and government to ensure that IAT is responsive to national needs and expectations.
5. Organising public and industry continuing education programmes in line with the needs of all stakeholders.